The right tool for a specific job often results to a perfect job. In case of certain tasks requiring high level of skills, the tool becomes of vast significance. This theory may as well apply to folding fillet knives. We all know how an inappropriate fillet knife can turn cleaning into a rather depressing ordeal so is the danger of injuring yourself. To get quality fillet you need the best folding fillet knife.
Selecting the right type of a folding fillet knife can be quite cumbersome considering that there are many different brands available in the current market. As a result of these countless options, separating the best from the lousy can be very challenging at times. This should not hinder you from getting one (See the best fillet knife on the market).
So how do you go about it? The trick is simple as I will articulate in this article.
How to Choose the Best Folding Fillet Knife
As earlier stated, picking the right folding fillet knife can be daunting as such knowing what to look for in the market is vital .There are certain key features you should not sideline. These features may prove to be decisive in the final decision making.
- When choosing a folding fillet knife, go for a size that is proportional to the fish you will be filleting. A large fish with hard rib bones boils down to a large folding knife and vice versa (see fish fillet knife reviews).
- Another feature you should consider is the blade quality. It would be disappointing to purchase a low quality blade, only for it to break down within a couple of days later. I would highly recommend you to look for a stainless steel blade with a long lifespan.
- Look for a blade with flex that suits your need. A bit of flexibility is often better especially when cleaning small fish. A flexible folding fillet knife is characterized by a thin blade to allow precise cuts.
- Handle consideration. Another thing you need to put into consideration is the handle. It should at least have some texture to provide a solid, comfortable grip.
- Your planned budget cost. The type of the folding fillet knife you will settle for will be influenced by the amount you are willing to part with. It is normal to shop around comparing prices as this provides you with a number of options to choose from.
- Although this might not have a big effect on your choice, it is advisable to select a folding fillet knife that comes with an already packed sharpening stone. A sharpening stone may come in handy when the knife loses sharpness thus saving you the extra cost of commercial sharpening.
Fish are nutritious and at the same time delicious so to say the least. If cleaned by the right folding fillet knife, enjoying the delicacy will be an understatement. There are countless folding fillet knives designed by different companies it could take me a day or two to list them.
Armed with these guidelines, your search for a suitable folding fillet knife should be expedited to some degree.